Vetted Limited (T/A“Checkatrade”) Applicant Privacy Notice
At Checkatrade we know how important it is to keep your personal data safe, that is why we are committed to making sure that your privacy is protected when you apply for a position or become one of our team. It is important to us that we respect your privacy in everything we do and ensure that you are always clear on how your personal information is used.
Checkatrade is a trading name of Vetted Limited which is the data controller of your personal data. We are part of the HomeServe Group and registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For more information on the group, please visit www.homeserveplc.com.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we collect, what we do with it, our legal basis for processing and how we use and secure your information. We will also explain your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you and how you can exercise your rights or register a complaint.
Who we are
Checkatrade is the consumer choice for finding a local reputable and reliable tradesperson. For over 20 years, we have been the place where reputation matters most – and if you join us, you will ensure that our teams continue to uphold these high standards.
We are currently going through a period of significant investment and growth and looking for exceptional people to join us on our journey to help us achieve our ambitious goals. This is a really exciting time to join our team.
Information we collect
We only collect information required to recruit new members of staff and process your application. We currently collect and process the following personal information: Name and surname, address (physical/postal), telephone number, email address, qualifications, vehicle registration number if required, right to work checks, interview notes and other assessment details.
You are under no obligation to provide any information but if you do not then it might be impossible for us to proceed with the application.
Legal basis for processing personal information
We always process personal data legally as required by legislation. For the processing of most of the personal data required for recruiting new staff our legal basis is our legitimate interests as a business to employ staff and to comply with our legal obligations.
How we obtain and use personal data
Most of the personal information we process was provided directly by you when you applied for one of our vacancies through the Eploy (ITS Software Systems Limited) online portal on our website. In some instances, we also obtain personal data from external job boards or other recruitment media such as LinkedIn and our recruitment agency partners.
What we do with the information
We use the information provided to assess your suitability for employment with Checkatrade. Some of our roles require varied assessments including cognitive ability, technical or psychometric assessment and your data may be shared with the online assessment provider for this purpose.
We do not transfer applicant personal data outside of the UK. Should such a transfer become necessary, we will use international safeguarding mechanisms for restricted transfers.
How we store your information:
We have put in place appropriate organisational and technical measures to meet our legal obligation to ensure the security of your personal information. All information you provide to us is stored securely and sufficiently backed up. Access to applicant data is restricted.
We retain the data of applicants for two years as part of our talent pool. You can ask for your data to be removed at any time.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights pertaining to your personal information, including:
· Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
· Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
· Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. We maintain a retention policy and will inform you if we are not able to delete your information immediately.
· Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
· Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
· Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. For some of our roles we use online testing tools that produce an automated result.
If you make a request, we are required to respond to you within one month unless there are reasons why it will take longer to collect the information you requested. If that is the case, we will inform you. In some cases, we will require you to provide proof of your identity if we are unable to confirm your identity through other information we hold on record. This is required to ensure the security of the personal information we hold and to meet our legal obligations.
Please send a request to: [email protected].
How to complain:
In the first instance please send complaints to our privacy team by email to: [email protected] or by post to: Data Protection, Checkatrade, Building 2000, Lakeside North Harbour, Western Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN
If you are not happy with the response you receive, you can send your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Information Commissioner’s Office: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113, www.ico.org.uk
From time to time we may update this notice due to changes to our processes or service providers.
Last updated 31 May 2022
We work with a number of recruitment partners to ensure that we find the right person for each vacancy. The Checkatrade Recruitment Team includes:
1. Checkatrade’s internal recruitment team for permanent recruitment.
2. Optamor Limited (“Optamor”), our managed services provider, for temporary and contract recruitment services.
3. ITS Software Systems Limited (T/A “Eploy”), who provides the technology platform used to manage the recruitment process.